Sunday 18 December 2011

Hello to the new...

That was around 3 years ago...
After two rounds of redundancies at work, one house move and parts collecting in the interim, I was ready to start.

Some of the parts stash:




The base car is a 70's beetle (and an ex drag car that some might recognise from UK, VW forums) and this time, rather than a full tube chassis, I'll be using a Beetle floorpan. Initially this was only going to be a race car, but the plan developed very quickly and the intention is that is will also be road legal (with the option of a race or road engine). The overall plan and style is in my head and has not changed in the three years I've been collecting parts so I'm confident it is right for me. Rather than spill the beans now I'll keep the plan to myself and you can see it develop as the build progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment