Sunday 5 August 2012

Tidy up time

With the floorpan ready it was time for a bit of a tidy up in the garage. For the first time since we moved into the house and put the chassis spine in the garage, the garage door was opened. With the help of my wife the 'pan was moved out, the floor tidied up, the 'pan flipped right way up and then put back in but this time with the front end facing to the door. I also took the opportunity to move my trailer over a bit to give me slightly more space to work on the car which will only get wider as time progresses.



Here is what will be going on the 'pan. It looks quite good from the picture but needs a lot of work and I'll also be putting back a lot of the steel that was removed when it was cut to lighten it for racing. As I bought it like this (minus these doors which I bought new and cut the window frames myself) I want to see exactly what I've got before starting, so I'll be removing all the filler to check the welding quality and previous repairs. The welding I can see is not to the standard I want so I expect to be doing quite a bit of work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment